Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dude, I got soooo high bro... Uh huh, huh...

I laughed at every sentence in this entire article, the whole way through.  You can't make this up!

The very best part of the story are the first two lines.  Not that it goes down hill but it just explodes out of the gate with sheer incredulity.  Just from those two sentences Andy Nesbitt, I can tell you have never lived on the West Coast, or in Colorado or ever visited the Caribbean or much of Europe or read the news in the last decade.  In fact, have you been outside?  At all? In the last ten years...  I know you haven't been cooped up inside playing the latest edition of Call of Duty on Xbox because then you'd know what that weird smoke near you was.  And I mean it's your buddy passed out on the couch with a dragon shaped bong between his legs and a mouthful of half chewed Cheetos (crunchy not puffy).  So Andy Nesbitt, what have you been up to?

Boomer Esiason once got high during 'Monday Night Football' broadcast

Brad Penner / USA TODAY Sports
Have you ever been at a game or a concert and smelled some weird smoke near you?
We're talking about, marijuana, of course.
Well, that happened to Boomer Esiason back in 2000 when he was calling a "Monday Night Football" game on the radio with Matt Millen. And apparently it was some pretty potent stuff because Esiason said he got high from it . . . during the broadcast.
The former QB and current broadcaster told the story Friday during his New York radio show "Boomer and Carlton" on WFAN. You're going to enjoy this tale:

"Now here's the deal. What you're saying, for some listeners or some viewers now that are listening to us for the first time, what you're saying is accurate. I did get high. I did. I didn't realize I was getting high when I got high, but I got high — and I have to tell you that it was one of the best broadcasts I've ever had."
Love the honesty. Let's hear more from Boomer:
". . . The radio booth is like a lean-to in the middle of the stands. And it's a (December) game. It's the Chiefs at the Patriots, both teams have major losing records, it's raining outside, it's cold, there might be about 40,000 people in the stadium, it is awful. And there's this grim reaper outside of our booth, and he's got a hoodie on and he's got a big ol' puffy jacket on, and he's smoking weed. And he's blowing it into the lean-to."
Please, go on, Boomer . . .
"I mean, we're 3 minutes into the game and Matt Millen's already looking for something to eat. And Howard David is trying to keep us focused on the game, and Matt Millen and I are talking about everything but the game.
"We have the second-hand smoke going on. Now, we obviously know what's happening, but we don't necessarily know that we're reacting to what's happening. ... I was laughing my a-- off for the entire first half!"
And we're laughing now, too. Thanks for sharing that wonderful story, Boomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment