Sunday, February 2, 2014

Forty eight is not my age

Then there's this story:

Issaquah changes name to 12SAQUAH

Issaquah changes name to 12SAQUAH
Credit: KING 5
A vintage trolley that provides a link between downtown Issaquah and the Gilman Village area
by KING 5 News
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM

For one day, Issaquah will be "12SAQUAH." That day, of course, is Super Bowl Sunday.
The city's mayor, Fred Butler, issued the proclamation at City Hall on Friday morning.
"We are the 12s, and we could not be more proud of our Seahawks," Butler said. "I know I speak for our entire community when I say, I'm in."

I worked in Issaquah for ten years and it's also my wife's home town.  I've never heard of 12saquah.  That's not even a word.  Notice the headline about Mount Rainier... 

Ok, look Puget Sound, your team is really good, crazy good and they might even win the Super Bowl (Lord knows the entire rest of the country doesn't want them too, just like 2005), but chill out a little bit.  Weed is legal, go smoke a j. 

Despite my affinity for the 49ers that goes back to my childhood watching Joe Montana and Jerry Rice that is reinforced by where I now live and my constant head scratching at the insane rivalry that has developed in only the last three years, I like the Seahawks.  I've always liked the Seahawks.  How long have you been a Seahawks fan?  Who has watched Dave Krieg throw a TD to Steve Largent?  Jim Zorn?  Cortez Kennedy?  How many of you were Seahawks fans in 2005 when the refs stole the Superbowl from Seattle and gave it to Pittsburgh?  Do you remember who coached Seattle that year?  I remember all of this.  But guess what?  I'm not renaming my cat Golden Tate.  I'm not spending thousands of dollars to go see the game and I'm not donning a children's Thundercats costume, painting it green and calling myself Beastmode.  Why?  Because I'm not a lunatic

So, Puget Sound just take a deep breath, grab a beer and a slice of pizza and root for the Seahawks.  That's what I'm gonna do.  Enjoy the game.  Just don't go into a black hole of depression if they choke in the clutch, just remember that's what all Seattle sports teams do.  It comes natural.  Let's see if they can buck the trend.  Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment