Monday, October 31, 2011

Street Pants

My Halloween costume this year was a pair of Joseph A Bank slacks I found on the street.  Well, actually we saw the guy that dropped them as he got into a cab and took off.  We tried to yell at him but he peaced out.  So I checked them out and they looked like they might fit.  Fast forward fifteen minutes to trying the slacks on, fitting perfectly and doing a few karate kicks for good measure and boom, Halloween costume.

Ok, so I didn't wear them tonight but I did have a giraffe finger puppet in my pocket in case anyone asked where my costume was.  And I watched Reanimator too.  And ate too much candy.  Ugh.  Rabble-B

PS-Almost forgot, the moral of the story is don't automatically discount clothing just because it's on the street.  We also found a rad women's jacket the day before and it fit Christine perfectly too.  It's now being dry cleaned. 

Warning:  Just because a piece of clothing is on the street does not mean it's appropriate to pick it up and try it on.  You'll probably get lice or some shit.  I saw plenty of clothing on the street this week that looked like they had barf on them.  So yeah, be careful.

PPS-Despite how this story might sound, we did not move to Berkeley and become hobos.  Seriously, we have an apartment, with a roof, and furniture and lots of clothes we bought at stores too.

No comments:

Post a Comment