Friday, November 16, 2012

Not quite the irony I was looking for



Yesterday I read this:

3 BP executives indicted over Gulf oil spill

BP agrees to pay $4.5 billion in fines in the largest such settlement in U.S. history.

 Then today I read this:


Four injured, 2 missing in oil platform blaze off Louisiana coast

 I thought there was just a little bit of justice in the world with BP shelling out billions for their role in the largest environmental disaster in US history but then another rig explodes the day after.  It would be ironic if people weren't injured and/or dead.  So when are those new safety regulations supposed to kick in?  Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh...

Solar people, solar.  And wind.  We'll never be rid of oil and that's fine but we CAN reduce our need for oil and maybe, just possibly (I'm getting too far away from my own cynical mind) we can reduce the power oil companies have over our economy and politics and maybe, just possibly they'll actually be forced to implement real safety measures for people and the environment instead of cutting corners to pump out more $4.50 gas and fuel for wars we don't need.  By that time though, we'll have established a Mars colony and we won't need this dump of a planet anymore.  Fuck it, pollute it all!  I'm buying a Hummer!  Rabble-B









No comments:

Post a Comment