Friday, July 12, 2013

My hood

I have so much to rabble about but for some reason can't post on a regular basis like the good ol' days.  But I'm trying anyway...

Here's what's happened in my hood recently:

-777 crash lands at SFO causing the first jet liner fatalities in the US in 12 years.  Many victims rushed to SFGH where my wife works.  Chaos.
-BART went on strike for five days and made my life and half a million other people's lives pure suffering.  I want everyone to get paid what they deserve and be respected by their employers.  BART employees some of whom sit in a chair and read magazines all day get paid $60K base salary including a pension they pay nothing into (who has a pension anymore?) and healthcare for as many dependents as they want for $96 a month.  And they want a 22% pay raise?  Ppppffffffff!!!!!!!!!  The strike cost the Bay Area economy $70 million a day.  They struck a temporary deal for a month and are at the bargaining table now with the union threatening a "bloody" strike worse than the 70's if their demands aren't met. Seriously,  you're gonna get violent?  Fuck off and get back to driving trains!
-After BART resumed service a male/female couple had a third person film them having sex on BART and posted it online.  I wish I could say I'm shocked but I'd just call it Thursday on BART.
-Today a man robbed a jewelry store and shot and killed two women and shot at police before surrendering.  Oh, this all took place a few blocks from my work. 
-The Giants are sucking ass.

Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment