Saturday, September 28, 2013

Numero Uno

***Update: Ok, I tried to post this on September 23rd.  Somehow it looks like it didn't post, which is weird because I got emails about it.  So, yeah, posting again?


Yesterday was my first wedding anniversary.  It was rad.  Best part?  My wife got us tickets to the 49ers vs. Seahawks game at Candlestick.  Yeah, the home of Montana, Rice, Young, Lott, the list goes on.

Now, if the 49ers can manage to show up to play it'll be a good game and I just want to see a well played game.  If the last two weeks are any indication the 49ers need some work.  But if they suck all season and the Seahawks actually turn out to be a Super Bowl contender (not likely considering the history of Seattle sports teams) then more power to them.

But all the rivalry hoopla is tiresome.  Cowboys vs Redskins it's not.  The Hawks and 49ers have only been in the same division for the last 10 years and the rivalry didn't really gain steam until the Carroll and Harbaugh eras began, very recently, because they were rivals in the PAC 10 in NCAA football, which means it doesn't even really have anything to do with the two teams or cities...

Anyway, I may be the only person in the world that actually likes both these teams but I don't give a shit because I get to go see the two teams I grew up a fan of from the two cities I've lived and worked in play football at Candlestick Park and it's gonna be f-ing rad!  Now I only have to avoid getting shanked on the way to the game...  Unrabble!-B

No comments:

Post a Comment