Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Slow Train a Comin' Derailed into a Fiery Wreck

Ok, onto the Train rabbling I promised. 

So, I never really paid attention to Train or their lyrics.  They're beyond terrible, and are but one of many bands contributing to the slow asphixiation or rock music, that much I know.  But maybe I should be walking the tracks more often.  Unbeknownst to me it's seems Train writes some of the most amazingly retarded and comical lyrics ever penned and it turns out their songs are highly entertaining.  None more so than the first single from their latest record. 

You Can Finally Meet My Mom is a Phd in how not to write lyrics boiled down to a single song.  I was enlightened to this fact by another blog I Genuinely Enjoy Science.  Read this blog post by Dru Johnston on his deduction of and passion for Train lyrics.  His prose and comedy I could never hope to live up to.  This is a post about Train's new song 'You Can Finally Meet my Mom'

Then watch the video.  After you've cleaned the vomit off the front of your shirt and wiped the tears from your eyes go listen to the new Jack White record I was talking about.  You'll feel better.  Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment