Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trivial Pursuit

You know I always thought I liked trivia, until last night.  It's fun to try to answer questions and play board games or bar trivia.  Maybe you'll win a beer or something.  But as I think about now I really hate trivia.  It's garbage that I really don't give a shit about.  I also have a problem with what passes for trivia.  Pop culture, celebrities, sports, that's truly trivia.  Who gives a shit?  It doesn't affect the real world.  The subjects that intrigue me, history, philosophy, literature, geo-political world geography, are not trivia, they're important to life and affect the way we live and think about our existence as humans interacting with each other and the planet.  So,  fuck off E! News and US Weekly.  Yes, Zach Braff, I sometimes watch Scrubs reruns, they're often amusing, but for what truly matters, your tv shows and movies do not really hold up against civil wars and environmental impacts of strip mining.  And your hair is fucking stupid too.  So how about we have a game called What You Know About Shit That Matters Pursuit or Bar Real Life Night?  What?  Give up?  The reason we don't have those things is no one would play.  So yeah, I hate trivia.  Rabble-B

1 comment: