Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yikes!


Just heard about this.  I am a casual Dylan listener and I'd always heard this and that about Dylan ripping people off, kind of like Zeppelin, but Joni Mitchell on your ass?  Yikes man, better put on your hard hat Bob.  Rabble-B

The interviewer asked Mitchell about the folk scene of the 1970s and the different personas that came about during that time, prompting him to say, "The folk scene you came out of had fun creating personas. You were born Roberta Joan Anderson, and someone named Bobby Zimmerman became Bob Dylan."

To this, Joni Mitchell replied:
Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I.

As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter “A's” to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name -- I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson -- but he wouldn’t let me.— Joni Mitchell, Los Angeles Times, April 22, 2010

Some related articles:

 Full LA Times Article
Breitbart Commentary
Phoenix New Times

No comments:

Post a Comment