Monday, November 14, 2011

Pizza Schmizza is not on the list...

Name the best pizza you've ever had.  Can't?  Well, me neither.  There's really just too much great (and crappy) pizza out there to create a proper hierarchy.  But I can name a few places that have some stellar, addicting, palate exploding potential to put you into a food coma.  In no particular order:

A Pizza Scholls, Portland, OR- Anthony Bourdain rated it best pizza in the country.  I can't say that myself but I can't say he's wrong either.  Maybe the best crust I've ever had.  If want to whine about the slow service and the line then shut up and go to Pizza Hut.  This is definitely a pizza I'd drive to Portland for, no matter where I lived. 

Cheeseboard Collective, Berkeley, CA- Ok, it's actually a cheese shop and it's owned and run by the employees.  And yes, I was disappointed to find out that they never put meat or marinara on their pizzas.  So, why go there?  Because they only do one kind of pizza per day and it's never anything short of kick ass.  The cheese is the star and rightfully so.  I mean, it is pizza after all.  Ever had chile pasilla or corn or French Feta or Swiss Gruyere on your pizza?  You will now. 

Via Tribunali, Seattle, WA- Best Neapolitan pizza in the Northwest (maybe more) hands down.  Suck it Tutta Bella.

Delancy's, Seattle, WA- Another small place with a wait but you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.  It's worth it.  Thin crust pizza with fresh and delicious topping and killer crust cooked in a super hot, wood fired oven.  Need I say more.

Smokey Mountain Pizza Works, Ketchum, ID-  I haven't been here in a long time but it was/is awesome.  Big, floppy New York style slices full of cheese and whatever toppings you choose.  Eat!

McKenzie River Pizza, Chain- You know the first time I went to the McKenzie River Pizza in Missoula, MT, like 10 years ago, it was freakin' awesome.  And I've definitely eaten a whole large there before.  I've eaten at probably four other locations too and it was always to die for, until last year, I thought maybe I just caught them on an off night.  Maybe an oven not hot enough or something.  Well, I've eaten there a couple more times since and I can now say that with every new location they add their pizza gets progressively worse, to the point now where I'll probably scout somewhere else to chomp next time I'm in Montana.  Tis a shame.  Unless they burn down all but like three of their locations, then I'm all in.  Unrabble/Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment