Monday, November 21, 2011

Tis the Season of Giving

But before you donate any money go to Charity Navigator and make sure that your chosen charity is legit. 

I have a child named Steven in Ecuador I give money to through Children International.  From the letters he writes me it sounds like Steven lives a better life than I do in some ways (my grandma does not live in the countryside and have horses for me to come ride whenever I want).  He tells me the same things and draws me the same pictures every couple months... 

Anyway, I'm sure Steven is real and gets some of the money I give him but more importantly (for this rabble anyway) is the CEO of Children International, James Cook, makes $436,000 dollars a year.  Yeah, that's right, almost half a fucking million dollars a year.  Seriously?  You work for a charity, you should earn a living wage, like lets generously say $75K?  That's plenty to live a great life anywhere in the US.  $436K amounts to robbing Steven and me at gunpoint.  Thanks a lot Jimmy!  Happy Thanksgiving, dick.  Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment