Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meat Flavored Meat

I ate this Torta (Or, actually one just like it.  This belongs to my friend Andrew who didn't finish it) tonight.  It's possibly the meatiest thing I've ever eaten.  No joke, it's amazing and certainly one of the best sandwiches in America.  Though tortas are Mexican sandwiches, there's nothing Mexican about this thing, rather lots of red,white and blue.  And not in a George Bush, "I'm just a good ol' boy, clearing brush on my ranch.", bullshit kind of way.  Like straight up American street food kind of way.  Though it's not technically made on the street either, rather about 10 feet indoors. 

Anyway, it contains: breaded steak, chorizo mixed with egg, ham, bacon, sliced up hotdog, jalapeno, tomato, mayo and probably a few other treats, all between two giant pieces of french bread.  I feel as though I might birth some weird hybrid cow, pig, chicken creature.  It sure looks as if I'm pregnant anyway. 

So yeah, if you're sandwich kind of folk, you should put it on your life list.  Let me know and I'll tell you where it is.  Even better, we'll go together. 

Also, I saw Hobo Family Band tonight for the third time in a week.  I'm starting to think their repertoire consists of a select few Beatles songs because they played Norwegian Wood again for the second time in a row.  Oh Family Hobo Band...  Unrabble/Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment