Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Low Flow

Now, with the exception of the stinky hippie, we all take showers fairly regularly.  This is the modern era, we have the technology so why not be clean?  Most of us prefer to get clean in the shower, quick, convenient and just plain tasty.  For those hippies among the reading public, a shower is a pressurized spray of water that comes out of a pipe and through an apparatus called a head.  Pressure is the key to a nice shower.  And this leads me to what makes me so rabbley about showers.  Low flow shower heads suck ass.  I've never been fortunate enough to enjoy a nice, hot pee but I'm pretty sure low flow shower heads are kind of like being urinated on and it fuckin' sucks.  I understand the need for water conservation, in fact I'm a big proponent of, "If it's yellow let it mellow."  And I loathe farmers and ranchers complaining about water rights and then just turn around and waste the precious water they are allotted all the while sucking the rivers dry and killing fish.  But that's a whole 'nother rabble.  Why can't we have a happy medium of water conservation and water pressure and flow high enough to actually get your hair wet in less than 15 minutes?  I'm tempted to go all Seinfeld and tap into the shower head black market.  Maybe I can find an elephant washing device that will peel the skin off my back.  Seriously though when I take a shower I want to get wet and fast, not have to twist around all over and put every limb and body part directly into the stream for five minutes to ensure all the soap slowly dribbles off.  Just give a fucking shower.  In fact I'll bet high flow shower heads actually save water because the shower is quicker thereby shutting off the water in a fraction of the time.  What's better, a refreshing 5 minute, high flow shower or a damp 30 minute, piss fest that just wastes time and leaves you dirty anyway?  Huh, what?  Yeah, that's right, the former.  And I'll take that extra 25 minutes and write another rabble.  Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment