Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My First Census

So I've never filled out my own census before and man was I excited when it showed up at my house.  I tore into it with a passionate yearning to do my duty as a citizen.  Ok, not really, I don't really give a shit but after a week or so sitting on the counter I filled it out anyway.

When I got to question #9 I checked white.  Ok, cool, I mean, I'm really Scandinavian, like I burn on a cloudy day.  Below it though you can check Black, African American or Negro.  Now I am a history nerd so I can exercise my healthy sense of anachronism and see that maybe in Sec. Charles Sawyer's 1950 census negro would be an appropriate term.  But guess what?  It's 2010 and we don't use that term anymore.  How is that appropriate these days?  So what the fuck Gary Locke (the Sec. of Commerce in charge of fucking up the census for us)?!  You sucked dick as the Washington Sate governor for 8 years and now you are sucking dick at your new job too.  And the census is already over budget, imagine that...

Well maybe you could've saved some ink, a piece of paper or two and a few bucks omitted the word negro from your census.  If it's to be included in the 2020 census too I would like to officially petition to add the word honky in addition to white race.  I would totally check that box.  Rabble-B

No comments:

Post a Comment